Drug & Alcohol Addiction Rehab for Bakersfield Residents
Addiction is a serious disease, and like any other disease, it requires serious treatment in order to overcome it. If you or someone you love is battling an addiction to drugs or alcohol, you may be feeling completely lost, hopeless and helpless. We understand how you are feeling, but please, don’t despair. Ocean Hills Recovery is here to help.
As the premier addiction treatment facility in Bakersfield, California, we fully understand the challenges that are associated with addiction; however, we also know that it can be treated. Decades of scientific research has found that with the right treatment, those who are addicted to drugs and alcohol can overcome their addiction, permanently abstain from using, and move forward to a happier, healthier, sober life.
At Ocean Hills Recovery, our years of experience and extensive knowledge of addiction have enabled us to develop the most effective drug addiction treatment program possible. In fact, our program has helped countless people in the Bakersfield area beat their addiction and successfully attain sobriety. We know that our program can help you do the same.
The Benefits of Addiction Treatment
Though many people who are addicted to drugs and alcohol believe that they can stop using any time they want to – and many people will try to – it is not uncommon for their attempts to fail. Though trying to overcome addiction on your own is certainly commendable, it can be dangerous and it often leads to relapse. Ocean Hills Recover utilizes treatments that have been proven to offer our patients a number of benefits. Some of the most notable benefits of our addiction program include:
- A safe and comfortable space to go through detox and the stages of the recovery process.
- A support system that will increase your confidence and self-esteem, as well as strengthen your desire to overcome addiction and attain sobriety.
- A greater rate of long-term success. It has been proven that those who receive treatment are far more likely to attain sobriety and remain sober than those who try to beat addiction on their own.
These are just some of the benefits that you will be able to take advantage of when you attend an addiction treatment program. If you really want to overcome addiction to drugs and alcohol, it is in your best interest to seek help at a dedicated treatment facility.
What to Expect
Many people who are addicted to drugs or alcohol don’t seek treatment. Often, it’s because they aren’t sure what to expect, and they are afraid of the unknown. We think that by knowing what to expect, it may help to give you a better understanding of the treatment process and ease any fears that you may have.
When you attend treatment for addiction at Ocean Hills Recovery, here’s a look at what you can expect to experience:
- Intake Assessment. This is the first phase of the treatment process. You will sit down with one of our trained clinicians and together, you will review your history of drug and alcohol abuse and addiction. This will include what type of substance you are using, how long you have been using, how often you use, whether or not you have tried to stop using before, and if you have experienced any withdrawal symptoms when you tried to stop using. You will also discuss your family history of addiction, and receive a full psychological and physical examination. All of this will help us determine the best approach to treatment to take to help you effectively overcome your addiction.
- If you are experiencing side effects of withdrawal when you try to stop using alcohol or drugs, or it is expected that you will experience them, we will suggest that you go through medically supervised detox. During detox, you will be able to rid your body of the toxins that have built up as a result of excessive substance use. You will be monitored throughout the process, and will receive any help that is needed to ensure that you safely make it through detox.
- During treatment, you will receive counseling and be exposed to a variety of therapies. The goal of treatment is to help you identify the cause of your addiction, understand how it came to be, learn how to cope with the triggers that lead to the desire to use drugs or alcohol, and move forward toward a sober life. You will also have the support of our staff and other patients who are also trying to overcome addiction.
- After Care. Once your treatment is complete, we will provide you with after care. Since recovering from an addiction is an on-going process, you will need additional support and tools after you complete treatment to ensure that you stay on the right track. After care helps to decrease the chances of relapse and keeps you on course with your sobriety.
If you or someone you love is struggling with an addiction to drugs or alcohol, please take comfort in knowing that help is available. At Ocean Hills Recovery, we provide compassionate care and the tools and tactics that are necessary in order for you to put addiction behind you and move forward toward a life of sobriety. Recovering from addiction is a journey, and Ocean Hills Recovery would love to be your guide on the first steps of that journey.