The most common type of addiction in the United States, alcoholism plagues the lives of people from all walks of life. It knows no boundaries: it affects both men and women, and people of all ages, races, and socioeconomic status’.
If you or someone you love is battling an addiction to alcohol, there is no doubt that it is affecting every aspect of your life. It can seem like there is no hope, as the addiction takes over a person’s life and makes them put alcohol above everything else. However, take comfort in knowing that there is help, and at Ocean Hills Recovery, the leading alcohol rehab center in Santa Ana, we are here to offer that help.
We believe that addiction affects every person differently, which is why we aim to provide treatment that is customized to each and every patient we work with. At Ocean Hills Recovery, we guide those who are addicted to alcohol through the process of overcoming alcoholism in a safe and comfortable environment, providing them with the skills and strategies that are needed to get on the path of sobriety, put their alcohol use behind them, and move forward toward a happier, healthier life.
The First Step: Choosing the Right Alcohol Treatment Facility
After admitting that you are addicted to alcohol and that you need help overcoming the addiction, the first step in the recovery process is choosing the right alcohol treatment center. There are many different treatment options available; however, research has proven that the best option is an inpatient program. Why? – Because an inpatient program provides several benefits over other treatment options.
Some of the most notable benefits of inpatient treatment for alcohol addiction include the following:
- Constant supervision during the treatment process, from beginning to end.
- Access to caring, compassionate professionals who are highly trained and experienced in treating alcohol addiction and fully understand the complications that come along with this type of addiction.
- Various treatment options, including different types of therapies and programs that are designed to help patients understand their addiction and learn how to effectively deal with the triggers and urges that make them want to use alcohol so that can avoid using it in the future,
- Total focus on recovery; outside stressors are completely removed, allowing patients to concentrate solely on recovering from their addiction to alcohol.
- A controlled and structured environment that is completely free of alcohol and provides patients with the structure that they need to learn accountability.
- The support of other people who are also struggling with alcohol addiction and understand the struggles and challenges of both addiction and recovery.
At Ocean Hills Recovery, our alcohol treatment program provides all of these benefits, and so much more.
Customized Alcohol Rehab
Ocean Hills Recovery understands that addiction affects everyone differently, and as such, treatment cannot be a one size fits all approach. Every patient becomes addicted to alcohol for different reasons, and we believe in order to truly help someone overcome alcoholism, the root of the addiction needs to be addressed, not just the addiction itself.
We use a holistic approach, meaning that we not only treat the addiction, but we treat the entire person – mentally, physically and spiritually. The treatment plan that we devise for each patient is as unique as each patient him- or herself. It is because of this customized approach to treatment that Ocean Hills Recovery has been able to help so many people in the Santa Ana area overcome their addiction to alcohol.
At Ocean Hills Recovery, we use a process to help our patients put alcohol addiction behind them so that they can attain sobriety. What does our process entail? – Here’s a look at what you can expect at our facility:
- Intake and Assessment. Upon arriving at our facility, you will be greeted by one of our welcoming clinicians. Together, you and a clinician will complete an assessment. This will include discussing how long you have been using alcohol, how often and how much you drink, whether or not you have tried to stop using before, and if you experience any side effects when you try to stop drinking. You will also have a complete physical exam as well as a comprehensive psychological evaluation. The information obtained during the assessment will help us determine the severity of your addiction, whether or not there are any co-occurring conditions that need to be treated in addition to alcoholism, and if detox will be necessary.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of withdrawal, it may be determine that detox is necessary. During detox, you will be able to clear your body of the toxins that alcohol has left behind. Detox allows you to focus on treatment, helping to increase your success rate. You’ll be supervised throughout detox and receive any care that is necessary.
- During treatment, you will be exposed to a number of therapies and programs, all of which aim to address the root of your addiction so that you can better understand it and move forward toward sobriety.
- Post-Treatment Education. You’ll receive even more skills and strategies that will help to prepare you for leaving our facility so that your assimilation to the ‘real world’ – without alcohol – will be easier.
You can overcome an addiction to alcohol, and Ocean Hills Recovery can help. Please contact us today to learn more about our alcohol rehab.