In-Network Anthem BCBS Addiction Treatment in California
As a leading California drug and alcohol rehabilitation center, Ocean Hills Recovery is proud to announce we are now an in-network Anthem BCBS addiction treatment facility. This is important news as it means Ocean Hills Recovery can accept Anthem BCBS coverage with in-network substance abuse treatment benefits.
Who is Anthem BCBS?
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS) is an independent licensed provider of the BCBS brand operating as a subsidiary of Anthem, Inc. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Anthem has grown to become one of the largest health insurance and benefits providers in the United States. Today, Anthem serves more than 800,000 members in 14 states, including California.
Does Anthem BCBS Cover Addiction Treatments?
Yes. In 2008, the Affordable Care Act required insurance providers, such as Anthem BCBS, to provide mental and behavioral treatment coverage as part of their core health benefits. The definition of mental health treatment services includes treatment for drug and alcohol abuse. Anthem BCBS fully complies with the Affordable Care Act and provides coverage for both inpatient and outpatient services.
Until now, Ocean Hills Recovery was an out-of-network provider for Anthem BCBS. This meant many services that we offer were not covered and what coverage did exist was minimal at best.
With our acceptance into the Anthem BCBS network, patients are now eligible to have some or all of their substance abuse treatments covered by their health insurance plan. As an in-network provider, patients save money on deductibles, copays, coinsurance, and other out-of-pocket expenses, making it easier to get the treatment patients need.
Which Addiction Care Services are Covered by Insurance?
As a licensed BCBS operator and meeting the regulations found within the Affordable Care Act, your Anthem BCBS insurance policy provides coverage benefits for the following addiction services:
- Follow-up counseling
- Medical Detoxification
- Inpatient rehab programs
- Outpatient rehab programs
- Behavioral health resources
- Partial hospitalization programs
- Maintenance addiction medications
- Co-occurring mental health conditions
The amount covered by Anthem BCBS depends on qualifying for approved coverage and the type of plan the patient had at the time treatment is received.
What Plans are Offered by Anthem BCBS?
Anthem BCBS offers four different levels of coverage. The most basic plan is named Bronze while the highest coverage is provided under their Platinum plan.
- Bronze – Designed to provide the lowest premiums, the Bronze plan provides for regular check-ups and preventive care. However, due to higher deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses, members may be required to shoulder up to 60% of medical services, including substance abuse treatment.
- Silver – An increase in premium provides for broader coverage. With the Silver plan, up to 50% more coverage is afforded than under the Bronze option. Preventative care is covered in full without a deductible or co-pay. Patients’ out-of-pocket expenses are typically limited to 30%.
- Gold – Lower deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses closer to 20% can be expected with the Gold plan in exchange for higher monthly premiums.
- Platinum – Offered only in California, the Platinum plan provides the most coverage. Nearly 90% of medical expenses are covered with low to no-deductibles and significantly lower out-of-pocket expenses. Individual services, such as emergencies, are covered as regular doctor visits and preventative care.
For individual plans offered under the Affordable Care Act, your premium may also depend on your family income. Choosing the right plan will require careful consideration of your situation, needs, employment, and health. Please note that not all plans are available in all areas. Visit www.healthcare.gov for plan availability.
How Can I Verify Coverage with Ocean Hills Recovery?
Insurance is a complex product and can be difficult to navigate. As an in-network, Anthem BCBS addiction treatment facility, our admission counselors are ready to review and verify coverage on behalf of our patients. Every call is free and confidential.
There is a way to stop abusing drugs and alcohol. With Ocean Hills Recovery now accepting Anthem BCBS, patients can recover without the worry of the financial costs. Call today so we start helping you or a loved one start on the road to recovery!
Please rate this content!
About the author:
Greg opened his home and heart to alcoholics and addicts in 2003. He is a Certified Addictions Treatment Counselor (CATCI). Starting in 2009 Greg has fostered the growth of Ocean Hills Recovery into one of the most respected and effective treatment centers in the area and has been working with people with addictions since March of 2001. Greg believes in a holistic approach to recovery. His focus is on drug alcohol addiction treatment with a combination of 12 Step work, therapy and counseling, and the rejuvenation of the body through healthful eating and exercise. He has designed his program to foster a family-like atmosphere and believes that people in recovery are just beginning their lives. He encourages the people he works with to learn to enjoy life in sobriety. Greg is married to Nicole; they have two adorable sons together and an energetic yellow Labrador Retriever.